Friday, February 18, 2011

The "Grand Opening"

Hello from Colorado Springs!  I have decided to initiate a blog to share pictures, thoughts, stories and accounts of my various adventures over the years.  I am in the process of "retiring", due to a decline in my health.  I plan on being around for a while longer but am no longer able to put in a day's work on a regular basis.  I've been blessed with many good friends and companions over the years and would like to document some of this in an organized manner.  I still have a drive to "see what's around the next corner" and plan on adding to the miles, for a while longer.  The picture here brings a few parts of my life together: That's Strider, the R75/5 BMW motorcycle I purchased new in April of 1972, three weeks after returning from VietNam. It now has 411,000 miles on it.  I am camped at the annual Pyrotechnic Guild International Convention - a week long fireworks extravaganza.   I'm working on my monthly column in the BMW Motorcycle Owner's News, where I discuss repairing and maintaining the old BMWs known as "airheads" (bikes from 1970 to 1995).  There's a lot more to me than that, and we'll talk about what I've done and where I've been over the years I have been around.

No comments:

Post a Comment